Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Like Daddy

The other day Carson wanted to dress up like Mark because, "I want to pretend I'm a daddy. I want to be just like my daddy."
I grabbed the camera and told him to stand still so I could take his picture and he said, "Wait until I button this button, Mommy, so I can look distinguished."
Where does he come up with this stuff?

As much as this kid can talk, he has never really said anything too embarassing when we've been out in public together... until yesterday. We were in a shoe store and I was glad to see a play table for kids at the back of the store. I sat the boys down at the table and a few minutes later a little boy almost as tall as Carson sat down with a pacifier in his mouth. I did a double-take and then I heard Carson say to him, "Don't you think you should take that paci out of your mouth?" The boy shrugged his shoulders and said, "Yes" and took it out and sat it on the table. I was horrified and quickly looked around to make sure the mother wasn't within hearing range (thankfully she wasn't). I caught Carson's eye and shook my head and mouthed, "NO!" Carson nodded and kept playing.

I shopped around a few more minutes and then decided I'd better not press my luck any further so I gathered everyone up to leave. We almost made it to the door and were walking right past the mother when Carson says, "Mommy don't you know big boys aren't supposed to have pacifiers?"

No comments: