Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Summer Fun

Carson came home yesterday after spending a few days with Mark's mom (Grandma) for two nights and my mom (Nan) for one night before preschool starts back up. He had a blast! He enjoyed playing outside on the swingset and with Bonnie the dog at Grandma's house. He was also very excited about going to see a movie (Space Chimps) and going to the Petsmart. At Nan's house he swam and went on walks to look in the creek and then we met at McDonald's the next day to have lunch. Of course, Cole climbed all the way to the top of the play area and did not want to come down! Carson had to retrieve him. Carson was exhausted after his fun weekend!!

Sadly, the frogs had to be returned to the pond while Carson was away. They were missing their froggy friends. :) Cole became a little bored with me while Carson was gone and and fell in love with ... DORA!! He's never really paid much attention to cartoons before, but boy he is hooked!

Last night some friends came over to play and have an impromptu dinner since both of our daddies were working late. We let the kids play outside, threw them all in the tub together and then let them have a pajama party. Here are Cole and Caroline yelling "DORA!!!" when we turned it on for them.

A little kiss...Today has been a not-so-fun summer day for Cole. We headed to the gym in the rain, I might add and as we walked to the children's area he clung to me like I was taking him to walk the plank, shaking his head "no" the entire way. I knew it was probably going to be a short work-out. Sure enough, I had been on the treadmill for a grand total of 10 minutes when I heard them paging me. (I swear every person in that place knows my name by now). I said good-bye to my friend and did the walk of shame to collect my crying boy. Then we headed to Taco Bueno. Because that's where you go when you leave the gym. I planned to have a quick lunch and then run a few errands.

The boys and I had a nice lunch together. Cole sat in the booth next to Carson and ate his party burrito, didn't scream and didn't throw food. Success! But just as we were leaving, Cole tripped and face planted into the concrete. Poor little guy, he just cried and cried. Fell asleep in the car and took a 3 hour nap. He ended up with a scraped nose and lip, and a little knot on his forehead.

2 comments:

Brenna said...

Poor Cole! 10 minutes is more than I did on the treadmill today :)

Angie said...

Little boys don't seem to go very long without a bump or bruise of some sort! :( I'm so glad my boy isn't the only boy who loves Dora. Of course, after watching a Blue's Clues for an entire year, we're pretty stoked about Dora. :)