Monday, September 22, 2008

Howdy Folks!

Big Tex did not speak today, but that is what he usually says. Today my dad "Grandaddy" and stepmom Deniece "Niece" invited us to the annual unveiling of Big Tex at Fair Park. They volunteer with the parade at the fair each year and we get to enjoy the perks! We all had a great time! Here are some pictures from our day:

Big Tex is under that sheetCole is getting a little nervousWell... a lot nervous!Carson enjoying the golf cart... And he's up! Big Tex got a makeover this year including a yellow shirt and new boots!I attempted to keep Cole out of the water, but who am I kidding?Checking out the floats in Granddaddy and Niece's tent
After we left Fair Park, Deniece and I took the boys for lunch at Campisi's (my favorite) and then back to her house to feed the fish.
Right after this, Cole fell into their hot tub.

The State Fair opens on Friday and I could not be more excited. My dad has taken me every year since I was a little girl, and now we take the boys at least once (usually a few times) each year. I am hoping Carson will be brave enough to ride the ferris wheel with me for the first time.
I love everything about the fair; being outside, the car shows (even though I hated this when I was little and couldn't wait to get to the midway) the rides, and most of all... the food! I do not get excited about the new fair food each year, such as chicken-fried bacon, fried banana splits, etc. I am perfectly satisfied with the tried and true fair food... a Fletcher's corny dog, funnel cake, tornado twisters, and fresh-squeezed lemonade. You know... all of the healthy stuff!

1 comment:

The Allen's said...

Ok, I find out we are more and more alike everytime I read one of your blogs! I LOVE Campisi's!!!! And I totally agree with you on the fair food! Too bad I can't get Shawn to go!!!!!!!