Monday, September 8, 2008

Whirlwind

Well, I haven't posted in awhile, so I have a lot of catching up to do.

Preschool started last week and it has been great! I have an awesome class, and Carson and Cole both have the sweetest teachers. Cole didn't get to start with Carson on the first day because he was still getting over an ear infection (our first and hopefully last of the season). Carson bounced out of bed at 6 AM and requested a breakfast of bacon and eggs. Mark said, "What do you think this is... IHOP?"

Sweet Ms. Leah!

Cole's first day of Preschool:
Cole is all about the backpack. He wants to be just like Carson. He almost fell over backwards trying to wear it!
The week before last, we put our house up for sale. We got two offers after 9 days on the market, and accepted the second offer. We've been searching for new homes online, but it was time to get out there and see them in person. We searched from morning until night all weekend, and found a house in a great neighborhood that we just love.

Since we had a contract on our house, we went ahead and put an offer on the house we found, contingent on our house selling. On Monday we found out they got a second offer (so we were sure they would not accept our offer), and then the lady who was supposed to buy our house decided to change her mind because she wanted us to do a million things, which included putting in a sprinkler system for her. So Monday night, we went to bed thinking we would not be moving after all. Tuesday afternoon we got a call saying that the lady wants to buy our house after all and our offer on the new house was accepted! A few things have to fall into place, but it looks like we will be moving at the beginning of October!

Oh, and one final note. Cole experienced his first time-out this morning. Just for the record, it was for pitching the biggest full-blown fit you have ever seen in your entire life all because I opened a banana before handing it to him. Apparently he wanted to do it himself, and right then, the world came to an end.
And then there was fallout when I washed his favorite blanket.
OH, the drama of being almost two!
But don't worry... the blanket finally came out of the dryer and all is well in Cole's little world.

8 comments:

Allison said...

it is funny that you put cole in time out for the first time bc i just did the same thing to noah (for the first time) this morning! i really don't think he knew what was going on but it made me feel better that he was getting some kind of punishment!

*Courtney* said...

Okay, so I'm dying to know if the offer on the house in Forney is the one you are talking about! Will you be our neighbors??? :)

momto2monkeys said...

Allison - I am SO glad to know that. I wondered if he would understand time-out. Don't know that he did completely, but he SURE DID know that he was in trouble!!

Courtney - YES! If everything falls into place, we will be neighbors! Just across HWY 80 on your same exit!

Leah said...

That's awesome that your house sold so quickly! I am sad that you are moving all the way to Forney! I can't believe how horrible that picture of me is! I so need a hair cut!
Addison had her first time out yesterday for biting Glade. You would think her world was over and she only sat there for like 30 seconds! Congrats on the move!

The Allen's said...

I am glad I found your blog. I sent you an invite to mine, did you get it?

momto2monkeys said...

No, I didn't get it! Send it to my email address: mark_jenn@verizon.net.

Leah, you are not kidding about the 30 seconds... it was pretty much the end of the world!

Angie said...

I could so relate to all of this! On Christmas eve three years ago, a lady called and asked us if we might want to sell our house (that WASN'T for sale!), so we had to pack up and decide what in the world we were going to do next...and I just happened to be five months pregnant at the time!
Then the time out thing made me laugh too, because the first time I put Jackson in time out (around his second birthday), he knew EXACTLY what to do because his babysitter uses it! I was petrified that he'd been in time out a hundred times and she was just too nice to tell me what a little monster I was raising, but she promised me that it was just from his "keen observation skills." :)

Angie said...

OH! And CONGRATULATIONS on selling your house and finding one you love so quickly!!