Monday, September 15, 2008

Scary Doctor!

A funny thing happened at the doctor's office today. I took Cole to the ENT to have his ears re-checked. I just love this doctor because he has a great sense of humor. For instance, when he walked into the room he asked Carson if he would like some Barbie stickers and Carson said no thank you! So he brought in Hello Kitty stickers instead. :) He finally redeemed himself with monster stickers.

Before the doctor came into the exam room, Cole was dancing, singing, and standing on his head (seriously). As soon as the doctor walked in, he must have flashed back to two weeks ago when that same doctor had to suction his ears out - obviously NOT a good memory. He clung to my neck for dear life as he was examined.

When we started to leave, I stood at the counter to pay and Cole ran back toward the exam rooms yelling, "Bye-Bye!" I said, "Cole, come here." He waved again and took a few more steps away. I repeated myself - "Cole, come here. right. now." He inched a few more steps away from me. I told him, "You'd better come back here or that doctor is going to get you," but he was just being a little stinker and kept taking steps backward saying, "Bye-bye". Well, that doctor reached around the corner and grabbed Cole's leg, and you should have seen the SHEER TERROR on his face! He completely freaked out and screamed at the top of his lungs trying to get away, while the doctor, nurses, receptionists and I all cracked up! A lesson learned, maybe?:)

The receptionist took pity on Cole and tried to calm him down with a sucker, but his little hand was shaking so hard that he could hardly hold it.

I was telling Mark about it tonight and said, "Cole, tell Daddy about the doctor." He ducked his head, glared his eyes, and said, "Scary Doctor."

1 comment:

Mrs. Harbron said...

Oh goodness! That's a great story! I cracked up laughing after reading it! :)